2002 Hyundai Sonata: leaking..the inside rubber piece..clutch pedal
It sounds like you have a clutch master cylinder that is leaking fluid.
- Drain the clutch fluid through the bleed plug.
- Remove clevis pin, split pin (coffer pin) and washer.
- Disconnect the clutch tube (master cylinder side).
- Remove the master cylinder mounting bolt.
- Remove the clutch line clips.
- Hold the nut on the clutch hose and loosen the flare nut on the clutch tube.
- Remove the clip from the clutch hose to remove clutch hose from bracket.
- Remove the clutch tube.
- Disconnect the clutch tube (release cylinder side).
Check the clutch hose or line for cracks or clogging.
- Connect the clutch tube (release cylinder side).
- Temporarily tighten the flare nut by hand, then tighten it to the specified torque, being careful that the clutch hose does not become twisted.
- Install the clutch tube and clips.
- Install the master cylinder.
- Apply the specified grease to the clevis pin and washer. Wheel bearing grease: SAE J310a, NLGI NO.2
- Install the push rod to the clutch pedal.
- Pour the clutch fluid into the clutch master cylinder.
Bleed the clutch system.