Clutch Pedal Adjustment Manual for 1987 Daihatsu Charade
The following instructions describes the Clutch Pedal Adjustment for 1987 Daihatsu Charade:
- Check the clutch pedal for the installation height. Pedal installation height is the distance between pedal pad upper surface’s center and dash panel:
- R.H.D. vehicle: 189.5 – 194.5 mm (7.46 – 7.66 in.)
- L.H.D. vehicle: 181.5 – 186.5 mm (7.15 – 7.34 in.)
- Loosen the lock nut. Turn the stopper bolt until the installation height conforms to the specification.
- Tighten the lock nut.
- Pull the outer cable lightly with a force of 2 – 5 kg (4.4 – 11 lb.). Check the clearance.
- Ensure that the stopper (protruding portion) is fitted securely in the adjusting groove.
- Adjusting position of the clutch outer cable 3 – 6 mm (0.12 – 0.24 in.)
- Depress the clutch pedal gradually until you feel a resistance from the clutch. Measure the depressing distance up to this point.
- Pedal free travel : 15 – 30 mm (0.59 – 1.18 in.)
- Vehicles mounted with Type CB-80 engine: not less than 20 mm (0.79 in.)
- Vehicles other than those mounted with Type CB-80 engine: not less than 25 mm (0.98 in.)